Flatulence Natural Remedies - Effective Excessive Gas Treatment
Very often people experience some sort of discomfort after having meals or in empty stomach, due to the formation of a mixture of gases in the stomach. This produces a feeling of fullness with the expulsion of the gas from the anus. This "gas" formation, also known as flatulence occurs due to the symbiotic function of the bacteria and yeasts in the gastrointestinal tract. The mixture of gases, also known as "flatus" ejects out of the anus often with a sound and foul odor. This does not reflect any serious health condition, but frequent expulsion of gas may land in embarrassing situations.
Commonly observed symptoms are
1. Frequent expulsion of gases with foul odor
3. Moderate stomach pains
The main causes for flatulence or formation of excessive gas are:
1. Irregular bowel movements
2. Digestive problems in the gastro intestinal tract
3. Excess intake of fibrous food
4. Too much intake of non-vegetarian foods
5. Diet with high fat content
Effective Remedies for Flatulence
Flatulence can be reduced completely through some dietary modifications and natural remedies. Seldom one requires medical intervention unless there is serious acidity or acid reflux problems.
1. Have meals in moderate amounts in regular intervals. Avoid over eating or starving. This will aggravate the situation. Chew the food properly before gulping it down.
2. Avoid rich and spicy foods as they can cause indigestion resulting in the formation of excessive gas. Add moderate amounts of fiber in your diet. Excess fiber may cause indigestion with the formation of gases.
3. Having curd or buttermilk along with the meals helps in reducing the flatulence problems. Yoghurt adds beneficial bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract and reduces indigestion problems.
4. Milk can cause flatulence problems in some. Avoid drinking milk if you are a chronic sufferer of flatulence.
5. Chewing pieces of ginger also helps in reducing the flatulence problems.
6. Drinking a cup of herbal tea prepared from the herbs like chamomile and peppermint after the meals, is very effective in reducing flatulence.
7. To a mixture of lemon juice and water add half teaspoonful of baking soda in it. Drink a glass of this mixture to get fast relief from flatulence.
8. Prepare a decoction of bay leaves boiling few leaves in water for 5 minutes. Drinking the warm decoction helps in reducing the flatulence.
9. Don't go to bed immediately after dinner. Walk for 15-20 minutes or relax for a couple of hours before retiring. This will prevent the formation of gases.